As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.!
A little birdie tells us that you have been looking for horse riding boots. Is that true? If this is your first time, then consider yourself, as you have reached the place for all the information.
We are a team of ranchers, hunters, and riders. This means we do it all, like a wade through the muck when required, ride in stylish boots, and have those farm-working boots as well. Oh not to forget, the fancy ones, when we dress up!
This suggests that we are boot connoisseurs. Hence, if you are looking for the best boots for working around horses, then we are the right people to help you. In case, you are not sure where to start from, then this is what we can tell you – footwear has to be comfortable. This is the first rule and that work boots have to be solid. You may have to wear them for long hours and indulge in physical work.
These are our choices for the best boots for working with horses:
- Muck Chore Classic Men’s Rubber Work Boots
- Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake Boots with Safety Steel Toe
- ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot
- Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Boot
- Bogs Men’s Forge Steel Toe Waterproof Rubber Work Rain Boots
- 1 top 5 boots for working with horses: comparison table
- 2 Best Boots For Working With Horses reviews
- 3 #5. Bogs Men's Forge Steel Toe Waterproof Rubber Work Rain Boots
- 4 How to Choose the Best Muck Boot?
- 5 Related question [FAQs]
- 6 Our Verdict
top 5 boots for working with horses: comparison table
|PRODUCT||NAME & Details||FEATURES|
|Check The Price|
| Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake Boots||Check The Price|
|ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot||Check The Price|
|Justin Original Work Boots Men’s Stampede Boot||Check The Price|
|Bogs Men’s Forge Steel Toe Waterproof Rain Boots||Check The Price|
Best Boots For Working With Horses reviews
Get the chic English style or the rugged cowboy boots, get a sturdy one. If this is your first time seeking the best boots to wear around horses, then here is a list of several different styles of boots along with reviews you can follow:
#1. Muck Chore Classic Men's Rubber Work Boots
The name says it all and these muck boots are strong and beautiful at the same time. This is a combination that can rarely be found in this category. This undoubtedly is for those hardworking people that work in the muck.
Here’s what these Muck Chore Classic Men’s Rubber Work Boots look like:
This is the current price of these Muck Chore Classic Boots available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Material – These boots are made from Neoprene Bootie (5mm). This denotes that these are a versatile pair of classic work boots and are the ones to bring you stability. Of course, muck boots need to be flexible and Neoprene makes sure that you get plenty of it.
- Comfort – The Chore XF in these boots keeps you dry and cozy with its perfect fit. Additionally, they come with 5 inches of calf protection that keep you secured all through.
- Toe Type – We need to mention one thing that the Original Muck Boot Company has been manufacturing quality boots for more than a decade. They surely know what kind of toe needs to be added to these durable boots. As a result of this, you get steel toes that protect you from accidents.
- Waterproof– This most definitely is a pair of waterproof boots and has a breathable air mesh lining that can aid in keeping your feet warm. Plus, these boots can retain heat and Neoprene helps to circulate air. This unquestionably keeps the feet free of perspiration.
- Traction– These are indeed the best boots for stable work as they have shock-absorbent traction. The rubber sole is slip-resistant and that makes these shoes a blessing.
- Extra Details– The outsoles are easy to clean, which makes them low on maintenance. The boots can be worn by both men and women.
Click here to buy these Muck Chore Classic Boots available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#2. Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake Boots
Dunlop® Protective Footwear swears to be working “day-in-day-out” for its loyal customers. They are a leading footwear company that has branches in 50 countries across the world. Need we say more? In the same way, they have manufactured the 8677615 Chesapeake that is light in weight and is compliant with all the standards.
Here’s what these Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake Boots look like:
This is the current price of these Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Material – The Dunlop uses PVC to make the 8677615 Chesapeake. Look, we all know that PVC is a strong compound, which does not break easily. In fact, it helps your shoes to last longer.
- Comfort – As we have mentioned, these western boots are lightweight and that certainly makes them super comfortable. These have a modern design that can provide you with stability.
- Toe Type – Steel toes, what else? That is correct, these boots have steel that is totally compliant with ATSM. This indubitably makes them safe to wear.
- Waterproof– The Chesapeake has 100% excellent waterproofing and can keep your feet dry in the wetlands too. This indicates that you can call for the Chesapeake as you think of muck, dirt, and wet areas.
- Traction– These boots have great traction and the utilization of BAY-LOC technology in the rubber sole happens to be a cherry on a cake. This has an energy-absorbing capacity that can repel water. That is to say, it can provide your feet with complete protection.
- Extra Details– The 8677615 Chesapeake by Dunlop is made in the US. These are very popular among the agricultural sector folks.
Click here to buy these Dunlop 8677615 Chesapeake available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#3. ARIAT Men's Rambler Western Boot
Named after thoroughbred horses, Aria teas found in the 1990s. This company wanted to transform riding boots, today has turned into a multi-billion empire. They are a world-class leader of the best boots to wear around horses for sure.
The Ariat Ramblers are no exception to this rule. They are a hot favorite of more than half the horse riders of the world. Okay, honest confession, I own one and can go on about these classic work boots. Don’t worry, I won’t do so.
Here’s what these ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot look like:
This is the current price of these ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Material – These bad boys are made from 100% genuine leather. You can see the full-grain, solid leather on the upper as well as the foot region. These are the go-to shoes of rodeo cowboys, ranchers, and even horse riders.
- Comfort – The use of technology like that of ATS provides you with all the solace you need. This technology cushions your feet maintains a good posture and reduces fatigue of your feet. The footbed has a moisture-wicking facility that keeps your feet dry and cool. Oh, and I must admit that they did not take any break-in time. For me, they were comfy from the beginning.
- Toe Type – It has a square toe and you can find a few different types of toes to choose from. You can go for a wide foot or a medium toe type according to your requirement.
- Waterproof– To be honest, I would say that these boots hold up pretty well on their own when it comes to excellent waterproofing. You may opt for the hybrid variants if you want them fully waterproof. Keep in mind, these are for riders and equestrian athletes, but anyone can use them.
- Traction– These boots are resistant to certain zones and you can feel the traction right there. These are stable boots that have an excellent grip and keep you safe.
- Extra Details– The pre-worn look is all I like about this boot and the comfort, of course, has to be added. You can wade through mud in these shoes or dance in the rain, these will keep your feet dry for sure. Read our other article about ariat boots history.
Click here to buy these ARIAT Men’s Rambler Western Boot available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#4. Justin Original Work Boots Men's Stampede Boot
By the sight of it, the Texan in me starts saying “Ah’ite, this has some swag.” On a serious note, this one has something special about it for real. It has a stitched shaft with a scalloped top. Can’t be better than this. It is a beat.
Here’s what these justin Original Work Boots look like:
This is the current price of these Justin Original Work Boots available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Material – These leather boots are made out of imported, but 100% leather. You may apply neutral leather creams to bring in some shine to it. These are low maintenance boots that will last you long.
- Comfort – Hands down, these are authentic Western style boot that you can ever get. Its J-Flex technology makes these super-duper comfy. These boots are apt for people with wide feet. Why don’t you give them a try?
- Toe Type – This has a steel toe that you can rely on. This is in sync with the high shaft that is 11 inches high. This connotes that these boots are very safe and can keep you protected for a long. It is attractive and has a roomy toe. What more do you want?
- Waterproof – One of our team members has this and he says that he has put to it through the mill. I mean literally, and he says, he has trampled through a creek full of muck with these resilient shoes and they are fine. Long story short, these are water-resistant boots that can do a lot for you.
- Traction– Speaking of traction, the Stampede Boot from the house of Justin is beyond imagination. It has this thick rubber sole that assists it to absorb the most roughing up. These can be used in any terrain and can perform exceeding well in slippery and oily conditions. Now, I say yeehaw!
- Extra Details– They also have a cute Justin Basic Leather Work Belt that you can pair these boots with later. No doubts, they are the “it” boot.
Click here to buy these Justin Original Work Boots available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#5. Bogs Men's Forge Steel Toe Waterproof Rubber Work Rain Boots
These are the best boots for barn work because you can simply depend on them. These are a rancher’s dream boots as they can provide the security needed for your toes. They look good and add to that cowboy charm of yours.
Here’s what these Bogs Men’s Forge Steel Toe Boots look like:
This is the current price of these Bogs Men’s Forge Steel Toe available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Material – These Forge Steel Toe Rain Boots are made from 30% Neoprene and 70% Rubber, these boots pretty much make up for great ranch boots. The rubber sole offers you the support you may want for those overworked feet.
- Comfort – These boots are very comfortable and have been specially made for sub-zero temperatures. It has rebound, extra cushioning that helps you in cold climates in reality. These also come with sockliner that have odor-resistant and anti-fungal properties.
- Toe Type – These have forged steel toe that is considered to be perfect for horses. These boots keep you protected and look stylish on you. Who wouldn’t want them?
- Waterproof– These are downright waterproof boots, and you have nothing to worry about. These boots can keep your feet dry and secure all the time.
- Traction – These boots perform way better in the muck. As a rancher that seems to be some good news. What say?
- Extra Details– These are suitable for all kinds of climate. As of now, these are rendered as functional footwear. Don’t worry these keep you 100% snug all the time.
Click here to buy these Bogs Men’s Forge Steel Toe available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
How to Choose the Best Muck Boot?
Muck boots are made for capable people who are not reluctant to get their feet dirty. Jobs like that of a fisherman, rancher, equine use, hunter, and gardener may not be that easy. They need to protect their feet as any other outdoor activity enthusiast does. These boots come in various styles and designs. Here are a few pointers for choosing the right one for you:
- Material:– Muck boots offer a protective benefit covering against dangerous territories, soil, and harsh conditions. Most of these boots are made from neoprene, which is a sort of elastic that helps in air circulation. Besides, manufacturers make sure that the inner and outer rubber soles are made from durable materials that provide you with sufficient protection even during the winter months. Also, make sure that the shoe you choose is made from a waterproof material as a fundamental rule.
- Comfort:– Comfort is the key, particularly if you clean more than one shack or a pen. It takes quite long while standing and you would not prefer to strain your feet under such conditions. You don’t want that killing sensation in your feet and for this, you must ensure that the boots are super comfy.
- Fit:– Most brands sell unisex sizes that are appropriate for both males and females. Although, women tend to have smaller feet, yet there is a size guide that you can seek help from. Remember, if they are big, then they will cause uneasiness and smaller ones will bite. So, just be careful while selecting the best boots for mucking stalls.
Related question [FAQs]
Q1#. What are the best boots for riding horses?
Ans. I would like to start this by saying whichever style you choose, make sure that is safe. The primary lesson that anyone learning horse riding is taught is about personal safety. Procuring a pair of the best horse riding boots is not enough, but ensuring that they sturdy and well-made is a necessity. Remain at ease while you’re one of the horse riders, as this will keep the animal calm too. This will be possible only when you have the proper gear.
Q2#. What kind of boots do ranchers wear?
Ans. Ranchers wear muck boot as it has to be hard-wearing. It is believed that their boots are their bread and butter! It is usually waterproof and tall enough. These boots will protect you against any organic substance that thrives in your pasture. However, if you ever enter neck long grasses, they may not be able to do much, but they can certainly take care of your day to day life on a ranch.
Q3#. What shoes should I wear on a farm?
Ans. Farmers are the hardest workers in all countries. Typically, they spend 12 hours outdoors, irrespective of the weather. Therefore, I say, their feet need utmost care and by this, we insinuate that their feet need protection too. They also need muck boots for the same reason that they spend so much out in the sun and work in different terrains.
Just don’t think of western cowboy boots as an accessory, they are more than that. These boots offer you safety and I am sure, you know it by this time. Working on a ranch with animals may get you into vulnerable situations. Likewise, the best boots for working with horses will help you with an excellent grip. I would personally vouch for the Dunlop 8677603 Chesapeake Boots as this has the quality and is an affordable option.
With all that said, I would also like to add that your contentment comes first. If you plan to spend hours in your boots, they better be snug. That is a practical way to go for them and the rest will fall in place. Happy shoe-ping!