We're an affiliate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains links to products that I may receive compensation from at no additional cost to you, we really appreciate it!
It goes without saying that shoes play a huge role when it comes to the comfort of the feet. They don’t only protect your feet from harmful objects but also help to keep your feet warm and comfortable enough as you work.
These are our choices for the best shoes for physical therapist:
- Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 Shoes
- Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoes
- Tiosebon Women Athletic Walking Shoes Casual Work Sneakers
- FUDYNMALC Women’s Casual Lightweight Walking Shoes
- Scholl’s Men’s Brisk Dual Strap Sneakers
Physical therapists have recommended shoes for people that have pain in their feet. But, what about them? Who will help them get the right pair of shoes? We will.
In this article, we will be discussing the best shoes for physical therapy. We will help you get the perfect shoes that will keep your feet comfortable as you work on your patients for those long hours.
Without wasting too much time, let’s get down to business.
- 1 top 5 shoes for physical therapist: comparison table
- 2 Best shoes for physical therapist
- 3 5. Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Brisk Dual Strap Sneakers
- 4 What Do Physical Therapists Wear?
- 5 What Kind of Shoes do Most Physical Therapists Prefer?
- 6 3 things to consider before buying physical therapist shoes
- 7 Related question [FAQs]
- 8 Final Verdict
top 5 shoes for physical therapist: comparison table
|PRODUCT||NAME & Details||FEATURES|
| Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 – Incredible||Check The Price|
|Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10||Check The Price|
|TIOSEBON Women’s Athletic Walking Shoes||Check The Price|
|FUDYNMALC Women’s Casual Shoes||Check The Price|
|Dr. Scholl’s Dual Strap Sneaker||Check The Price|
Best shoes for physical therapist
There are a wide variety of shoes out there that you might think are good for physical therapists. Well, not all of them are suitable enough. Luckily, here is a look at the 5 best shoes you should include in your wishlist if you are looking for the perfect pair for physical therapists.
1. Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 Shoes
This is the current price of these Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: The first pair of shoes on our list comes from Skechers, and they are one of the best for physical therapists. These shoes are available between size 7 and size 16 for both normal and wide feet.
- Comfort: They come with rubber outsoles that help to cushion the feet when you walk. This then offers the needed shock absorption. The upper is designed to expand the foot naturally as you walk, which then enhances the comfort level.
- Materials: The almost seamless construction helps to give you a comfortable fit. They also come with an athletic mesh fabric upper that is highly breathable for extra comfort. You will have an easy time wearing these shoes all day long. The air mesh side panels help come with fabric underlay for comfort.
- Toe type: Furthermore, you can enjoy an insole cushioning that doesn’t only offer comfort, but also support your feet. The lightweight design makes it comfortable to wear the shoes all day long, so you don’t need to worry about foot pain.
- Durability: With the rubber sole, which is flexible enough, you can be sure of having a durable pair of shoes. They are made to expand with the feet, which is another feature that betters the durability. There are synthetic overlays at the heel and top of the shoes to offer extra durability.
- Other Features: These shoes offer you enough arch support, thanks to the tapering midfoot design. There are some stabilizing heel fabric overlay panels that are some great features to have. You also get a quick-fit portal on the heel, which is easy to pull when putting on the shoes. The shoes come with a streamlined outsole design for walking easily with them. Besides that, you get a bamboo-lined footbed that is great for anti-bacterial odor control.
These everyday shoes can be a good choice of yours. They are comfortable, offer high arch support, and very adaptable with your feet. Without any doubt, these make a good pick if you need the best shoes for occupational therapists.
Click here to buy these Skechers Performance Go Walk 4 Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
2. Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10 Running Shoes
This is the current price of these saucony womens cohesion Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: These are also a good pick for physical therapist shoes that come with excellent features and at a truly affordable price. In terms of the size, these beauties come in the range of size 6.5 to size 11 normal and 11 wide.
- Comfort: You don’t have to have any doubts when it comes to the comfort level of these shoes. They come with an injection-molded midsole that enhances the comfort and support to your feet. The shoes also come with high-quality rubber shoes that are very flexible. This offers you an easy time when walking with them.
- Sole Type: The quality rubber sole also offers the needed shock absorption. Keep in mind that the shoes were designed for running. Therefore, they would make a good choice if you need a pair to easily stay with them throughout your long working hours. The mesh upper is breathable to keep your feet cool while keeping away sweat and odor. Besides that, there is a collar pad and a comfortable tongue that assures you of a day-long comfort.
- Durability: The rubber sole is highly flexible and very much durable. They will flex when needed to avoid early wear and tear. The shoes are also made of a durable upper that will keep away liquid spills to serve you for long enough.
- Other features: Thanks to the rubber outsole, you will be sure of enough traction as you walk on the slippery hospital tiles. The shoes also feature triflex system to help with the shock absorption. Besides all those features that enhance the comfort and support of the arch, the shoes are also very stylish. You can wear them with any casual outfit.
These are the ideal pick for physical therapists shoes if you need a pair for running outdoors and still wearing them at your workplace. They are comfortable, durable, and very stylish too.
Click here to buy these saucony womens cohesion Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
3. Tiosebon Women Athletic Walking Shoes Casual Work Sneakers
This is the current price of these Tiosebon Women Athletic Walking Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: If you are on a tight budget and you need decent shoes for your physical therapy profession, these would be a good choice. The sizes range from size 5 to size 13.
- Comfort: The shoes come with a fabric upper that is perfectly breathable, which reduces sweating and odor. There is also a pigskin insole that is super soft and cozy enough. The latex arch inserts further help to enhance the overall comfort of these shoes. The latex inserts also offer support to your feet.
- Durability: Nothing satisfies about a pair of shoes than having ones that are comfortable and also last for long enough. Luckily, these shoes have a good balance of that. Besides having excellent features that make them extra comfortable, the shoes are very durable.
- Sole Type: The rubber sole is thick and durable, while the upper is made of long-lasting fabric. Plus, the breathable pigskin insert is long-lasting and is sure to serve you for a long time.
- Other Features: One thing to love about these shoes is that they are easy to put on and take off. This is made possible by the slip-on design that also features an elastic topline. These features help to give you an easy time when you are putting on the shoes. You also get the shoes in a sleek profile that makes them look very stylish and fashionable. You won’t feel awkward if you put them on for an occasion other than your workplace.
These nice shoes are a good pick that would be fashionable, comfortable, and durable enough. Best of all, these shoes are available at a very affordable price point.
Click here to buy these Tiosebon Women Athletic Walking Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
4. FUDYNMALC Women’s Casual Lightweight Walking Shoes
This is the current price of these FUDYNMALC Women’s Casual shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: Coming in as the cheapest pair of shoes on the list, these happen to be excellent selections if you need shoes for comfort and style. They look simple but very adorable. They come in size 4.5 and size 14.5.
- Comfort: You might think that the comfort of these shoes is compromised due to their low price tag. However, they are one of the most comfortable shoes you would want to have for your physical therapy profession.
- Sole type: They are made of a lightweight EVA outsole, which is elastic and flexible enough. This, in turn, offers you the needed cushion for your wide, flat feet. The slip-on design offers ankle support as you put them on.
- Breathable: Besides that, these sneakers come with removable insoles that are soft cushioned for that comfortable feel. There is also a breathable lining inside, which keeps your feet cool even during those hot days. You also enjoy a classic round toe design that offers your feet the right comfort and fit.
- Durability: These sneakers might be lightweight, but they are made to serve you for long enough. They are made of a flexible body, which will adjust as you walk in them to prevent cracking. Also, the highly-flexible EVA outsole is durable too. Plus, they won’t slip on the slippery tiles at your workplace.
- Other Features: The sneakers come with a contrast colorful upper that is stripped to give them a nice and unique look. Comes with a simple slip-on design for you to put them on and or take them off with ease.
These shoes are meant to offer you a comfortable pair that will encompass your feet, thanks to their elastic upper fabric. The outsole is also flexible enough and nonslip. You won’t have to worry about walking on the slippery tiles at your workplace. Even better, these shoes come at a very affordable price point.
Click here to buy these FUDYNMALC Women’s Casual shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5. Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Brisk Dual Strap Sneakers
This is the current price of these Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Brisk Dual Strap Sneakers available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: These are the last shoes on our list, and they come with some good features too. These shoes are available from size 8 Wide to size 13 Wide.
- Comfort: The comfort of these sneakers is assured, thanks to the mesh and faux leather material. Plus, they come with rubber outsoles that are nonslip and offer you the ideal shock absorption. Thanks to the air-pillo gel insoles, you can be sure of a cozy feeling as you wear the shoes for those long working hours.
- Breathable: The upper is made of a mesh and faux leather that is perfectly breathable. This offers you a cool feeling even during those hot afternoons. Plus, the collars are heavily padded to not only offer a comfortable fit but also protect your ankles accordingly. There is also a cushioned lining all around the shoe interior. Discomfort has no place in this shoe. You can easily wear them all day long without any problem.
- Durability: When you look at the overall outlook of these shoes, you can be sure of having a long-lasting pair to serve you for a long time. The rubber outsole is not only shock-absorbing but also thick enough to last for long.
- Materials: The mesh and faux leather material all around the shoe mean that they are durable enough. As long as you take care of them as faux leather is supposed to be handled, you will enjoy working with them for a long.
- Other features: These shoes come with a dual strap that offers you a snug fit. They are also easy to put on and take off when you open the straps. The shoes come with a cool black theme that will go with any outfit. In other words, you can wear them at your workplace and also when you are off-duty.
If you need a pair of shoes that look cool while playing the comforting role at your place of work, these would be a good pick. They come at a very affordable price tag, and you can be sure of them serving you for a long time. Undoubtedly, they are one of the best shoes for doctors.
Click here to buy these Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Brisk Dual Strap Sneakers available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
What Do Physical Therapists Wear?
Normally, physical therapists will wear scrubs in any hospital environment. Scrubs are always cost-effective, and they are the best option compared to dresses. Today, you can find fashionable scrubs that make physical therapists feel more comfortable and confident in their place of work. They prefer going for more fitted scrubs compared to the loosely-fitted options.
Some hospitals let physical therapists wear slacks, which are matched by a blouse or dress. But for a comfortable pair of shoes, physical therapists prefer nice dress shoes or sneakers.
What Kind of Shoes do Most Physical Therapists Prefer?
The right pair of shoes is always recommended for your type of job since you will be on your feet most of the hours. In that case, you must ensure that you go for shoes that are very comfortable. They should be neat enough and come with a nice theme that doesn’t ruin the entire look or make you look awkward.
The color options will vary, but brown or black shoes will blend with any occasion. This way, you won’t need to change them if they come with a neutral color.
Related: If you want read more about professionals shoes, visit our other article about the best shoes for vet techs professionals.
3 things to consider before buying physical therapist shoes
Finding the best shoes for doctors and nurses working can be challenging. It is not only about going for shoes that are highly rated. Rather, you should consider a few factors before you choose a specific pair of shoes.
That being said, here are some of the things you should consider when choosing the right pair of shoes for your physical therapy profession.
Ø Good cushioning
The comfort of the shoes you choose is mandatory. Since physical therapists are always on their feet, it is important that the shoes come with proper cushioning. Check the insole and ensure that they are well cushioned to offer you a cozy feeling.
Furthermore, the shoes should come with a breathable mesh to allow your feet to stay cool and prevent over-sweating during those long standing hours. This is no matter you have wide, flat feet.
Nobody wants to have a pair of shoes that won’t serve them for long. When looking for the best shoes for medical professionals, it is important to ensure that they are durable enough.
This means that you should choose a pair of shoes that come with good upper material. Ideally, the outsole should be made of the high-quality rubber that shouldn’t only be durable but also nonslip. Since hospital tiles are slippery, the outsole should be nonslip and long-lasting enough.
Ø Traction and arch support
Rubber outsole tends to have good traction. Besides that, you should choose a pair of shoes with high arch support. This way, you will have an easy time standing for a long time without being exhausted.
Related question [FAQs]
Q1#. Do Physical Therapists Wear Scrubs?
Yes, physical therapists always wear scrubs within the inpatient setting. Scrubs are more comfortable and the most recommended attire for physical therapists at work.
Q2#. Do physical therapists wear stethoscopes?
The stethoscope is usually used by physical therapists to check the lung’s condition of the patient when they are conducting postural drainage. They also use the stethoscope to check the blood pressure of the patient.
There marks the end of our best shoes medical professionals. We’ve already reviewed 5 top-quality shoes from several renowned shoe brands. We are confident that you now have enough information to help you choose the right pair of physiotherapy shoes for your PT profession.
However, always remember that it is about finding shoes that are comfortable with maximum support and ones that will serve you for a long time.