As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.!
So, you are looking for the right shoes for your pigeon-toed toddler, right? Well, we can assure you that you are in the right place.
One thing we need to tell you is that you don’t need to be panicked about your little one’s foot condition. By the way, did you know that some infants have been studied to outgrow the pigeon-toed condition within the first six months? What’s more, no special treatment is needed in such cases.
These are our choice for the best shoes for pigeon toed toddler:
- New Balance KJ890 Grade Running Shoe
- KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal
- ASICS Kid’s Contend 5 TS Running Shoes
- Saucony Kids’ Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker
- Adituo Toddler/Little Kid Boys Girls Sneakers
Now, if your child has the pigeon-toed or in-toeing condition, what you need to do is find them a good pair of high supportive toe shoes. The shoes should also come with enough arch support to fix the condition.
The main challenge comes when you are looking for the best shoes for pigeon-toed kids. Luckily, we are here to help you. In this article, we will be exploring the top 5 shoes for an intoed toddler so that you can have an easy time shopping for a pair.
- 1 top 5 shoes for pigeon toed toddler: comparison table
- 2 best shoes for pigeon toed toddler reviews
- 2.1 #1. New Balance KJ890 Grade Running Shoe
- 2.2 New Balance KJ890 Grade Running Shoe
- 2.3 #2. KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal
- 2.4 KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal
- 2.5 #3. ASICS Kid's Contend 5 TS Running Shoes ( best choice)
- 2.6 ASICS Kid's Running Shoes ( best choice)
- 2.7 4#. Saucony Kids' Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker
- 2.8 Saucony Kids' Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker
- 2.9 #5. Adituo Toddler/Little Kid Boys Girls Sneakers ( best seller )
- 2.10 Adituo Toddler Boys, Girls Sneakers
- 3 What is Causing Pigeon Toe in Your Child? Learn the Facts!
- 4 What to Do if You Have a Pigeon-Toed Toddler?
- 5 How is Intoeing Treated?
- 6 5 things to Considered When Buying shoes for pigeon toed toddler
- 7 related question [ FAQs ]
- 8 Final verdict
top 5 shoes for pigeon toed toddler: comparison table
|PRODUCT||NAME & Details||FEATURES|
|New Balance KJ890 Grade Running Shoe||Check The Price|
|KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal||Check The Price|
|Saucony Kids’ Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker||Check The Price|
|Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Test Kit||Check The Price|
|Luster Leaf 1601 Rapitest Test Kit||Check The Price|
best shoes for pigeon toed toddler reviews
Finding the right pair for your intoed child can be daunting, but here are five options you should consider getting for your little one;
#1. New Balance KJ890 Grade Running Shoe
This is the current price of these New Balance KJ890 available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Age & Size: The first shoe on the list is this one from New Balance, and it is designed for kids between ages 4 and 8. According to most moms, the shoe fits perfectly with children in that age bracket.
- Comfort: The comfort of a shoe is among the things any mom should look for when choosing a pair for their intoed toddler. It comes with a heavily-padded collar that offers an extra sift feel. In turn, this also offers the needed ankle support. The tongue is also cushioned for offering the kid a snuggly fit. These features make this best shoes for pigeon-toed.
- Durability: No parent would want to purchase shoes for their kids if those shoes won’t last for long. Luckily, these shoes are designed to serve your child for a long time. They come with durable rubber under sole, which doesn’t only last for long, but also offers excellent traction. This is a good feature for the athletes.
- Ankles Support: There is a FantomFit supportive Revlite EVA midsole that will safeguard the feet of your toddler. This also offers support and protection to the ankles and knees by reducing the pressure from the in-toeing condition.
- Other Features: The rubber outsole of this shoe is flexible enough. This way, you can enjoy a nice transition from heel and toe. The shoes come with a colorful upper, along with a stitch-less seamless design. They are stylish and very much comfortable. The ABZORB heel cushioning technology enhances the shock absorption of the shoes.
If you need a pair of shoes that are stylish and comfortable but still offers the needed arch support, these babies would be a good pick for you. They are highly breathable and well-cushioned to assure your kid of comfort even as they wear them all day long.
Click here to buy these New Balance KJ890 available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#2. KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal
This is the current price of these KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
KEEN offers this shoe to fit both toddler boys and girls. They are unisex and come with a stylish design too.
- Age and Size: The shoes are designed for kids between 1yr and 4yrs. Most parents have acknowledged that the shoes are designed to fit perfectly.
- Comfort: From the first glance of this shoe, you can easily tell that they are designed for comfort. One thing about them is that they are designed for the afternoon explorations or for wearing them all day. It comes with a midsole that features an cushioning foam. With this cushioning, your child will get the needed support for their toe condition.
- Sweatproof: Furthermore, the footbed of the shoe is with probiotic technology. This technology is meant to cut down the sweat and odor.
- Durability: Nothing will stand in the way of these shoes. Whether your kid is going with them to the beach, streets, or in the mountains, these shoes will perfectly stand the test. They are made of polyester webbing upper that adds to its lightweight nature.
- Outsole: the outsole comes with a non-marring rubber material that offers the needed grip. They flex when needed and will remain strong for long even with regular usage.
- Other Features: The shoes are made of a quick-drying material that is safe to use in and out of the water. This material means that the shoes are machine washable. There is a fit lace-up system that keeps the feet of the wearer well strapped.
Best of all, these shoes come with a hook and loop fastening design that allows the toddler to put them on and take them off easily.
These are great shoes for pigeon-toed, which come with a design perfect for the hot weather or if the child will be wearing them all day long. The arch support and comfort are perfectly in check. Luckily, the shoes are easily washable.
Click here to buy these KEEN Unisex Kid Newport H2 Sandal available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#3. ASICS Kid's Contend 5 TS Running Shoes ( best choice)
This is the current price of these ASICS Kid’s Contend 5 TS Running Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
If you need the best running shoes for pigeon-toed runners, these would be a good pick for you. They come with a nice and colorful design, but the features are also good enough for offering the needed support.
- Age and Size: Most toddlers under 4 years would comfortably fit in these shoes. Furthermore, they are designed to fit perfectly.
- Comfort: If you considered these shoes comfortable just from the first look, you are not wrong. They truly are designed for comfort. The shoes come with a cushioned rearfoot and midsole. With these two cushioned areas, your kid will be sure of the needed comfort. Besides the perfect fit, these shoes allow your kid’s feet to breathe easily.
- Midsole Type: There is a soft EVA midsole for further comfort, and the upper comes with a breathable lightweight mesh to keep the legs cool and avoid sweat accumulation.
- Durability: Thanks to the rubber sole of these shoes, they can last for long as your kid cruises on the tracks with them. They also offer the needed traction while beating the common wear and tear. There is also a reinforced stitched toe cap that enhances the durability of the shoe.
- Easy to wash: The shoe comes with a removable sock liner that allows you to wash it with ease.
- Other Features: The arch support of these shoes is worth the mention. There is an arch support system at the inner side of the foot/shoe. This helps to offer the needed support, which acts as a cradle under the arch. In other words, it prevents the foot from rolling in.
There are many reasons for choosing this shoe for a pigeon toed runner. The shoes will offer not only the needed arch support but also comfort and confidence to your kid.
Click here to buy these ASICS Kid’s Contend 5 TS Running Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
4#. Saucony Kids' Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker
This is the current price of these Saucony Kids’ Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
If your kid is a fan of sneakers and they have the intoed condition, these would be the perfect gift for them.
- Age and Size: They are designed for toddlers aged 1 to 4. The fit is also good enough, and most parents have acknowledged that.
- Comfort: With these shoes, your kid will be sure of enjoying wearing them throughout the day. Starting with the upper section, it is made of suede and textile materials. This assures the child of excellent breathability. Furthermore, the material is cozy enough for added comfort to the feet. Also, the EVA midsole is cushy and lightweight enough to enhance comfort.
- Outsole Type: The rubber outsole offers the needed traction while flexing when needed for a nice feel. There is also a cushioned collar and tongue, which together offer the child the needed stability and comfort.
- Durability: The suede and mesh upper are designed to beat the outdoor conditions and remain strong throughout. This also goes well with the rubber outsole that offers both stability and durability.
- Other Features: You won’t have to worry about putting the shoes on or taking them off for your kid. Thanks to the hook and loop alternative closure, your kid can take them on or off with ease. It also helps to better the fit of the shoes.
These shoes are designed with a nice lightweight design that makes them extra comfortable even as the kid wears them throughout the day. They are highly breathable and come with enough arch support for the child’s pigeon toe condition. The hook and loop design gives them a stylish design make this best breathable shoes for pigeon toed.
Click here to buy these Saucony Kids’ Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
#5. Adituo Toddler/Little Kid Boys Girls Sneakers ( best seller )
This is the current price of these Adituo Toddler/Little Kid Boys Girls Sneakers available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
These might be the last product on our list, but they can be considered among the best corrective shoes for pigeon toed.
- Age and Size: They are designed for toddlers between 1 year and 4 years. These happen to be the cheapest shoes for pigeon toes on our list. Even with that, they still manage to impress with their features.
- Comfort: The comfort of these shoes is also worth the mention. They come with high-elastic EVA insoles and arch support inside. This doesn’t only enhance the comfort, but it also helps to correct the in-toed condition. There are also memory foam footbeds in the shoes, which help to better the comfort level.
- Breathable: The upper is colorful, but also highly breathable to reduce sweating of the feet. Furthermore, the tongue and collar are both padded for offering extra comfort to your kid.
- Durability: Every parent would want to get the best shoes for their kid. The shoes they purchase must be durable enough to serve their little ones for a long time. Thankfully, these shoes are designed to last for long. They come with a high-quality upper that will endure the outdoor conditions and regular usage. The outsole is made of a durable and non-slip rubber that is also highly flexible.
- Sole Type: Also, the flexible rubber sole will remain strong and allow room for your kids’ growing feet.
- Other Features: For parents that don’t prefer tying their kids’ shoes all the time, these should be a good pick. The shoes come with a hook and loop alternative closure that allow the kid to put them on and take them off easily.
Keep in mind that the heel lining comes with a soft woven fabric that doesn’t rub the feet. This also betters the comfort level of the shoes.
If you are short on money and you need reliable shoes for pigeon toed toddler, these ones would be a good selection for you. They are stylish, comfortable, and very durable as well. The lightweight design makes them even more comfortable. Best of all, the price point is very friendly.
Click here to buy these Saucony Kids’ Baby Jazz H&l-K Sneaker available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Adituo Toddler Size Option
|Age Group||US Size||Foot Length (Inches)|
What is Causing Pigeon Toe in Your Child? Learn the Facts!
Intoeing, which is commonly known as pigeon toes, is a condition where the toes turn inwards while you are running or walking. It is common among toddlers than adults. Also, most kids grow out of it before they reach their teenage years. Nevertheless, surgery will be required in rare cases.
So, what is the main cause of pigeon toes? Read on to find out.
Development in the Womb
Most of the kids with in-toeing will develop the condition while still in the womb. When there is limited space in the uterus. The baby will grow in a specific position that will cause the front section of the feet to turn inward. Here, the turning inward of the front foot section is known as metatarsus adductus.
During Toddler Years
In other cases, the in-toeing can occur as the leg bones of the child development during the toddler years. If the pigeon toe develops by the age of 2, it could be caused by the twisting of the shinbone/tibia. It is also called the internal tibial torsion.
When the child is 3 years old older, they might start experiencing the turning in of the thighbone, which is also known as the medial femoral torsion. Too often, girls tend to have a higher risk of developing this condition.
It is always important to understand the cause of your toddler’s in-toeing.
- Femoral aterversion: which develops when the hipbone turns inwards and it then leads to the knee caps pointing in. This condition will develop in kids between ages 3 and 10. The condition is also common among girls.
- Medial Tibial Torsion: is when the shinbones twist inwards and it’s common among children of 2 to 4 years.
- Metatarsus adductus: is where the foot curves inwards. Here, the bone will be straight in the front and the kneecaps too will be straight. This condition usually resolves itself without the need for any surgery.
What to Do if You Have a Pigeon-Toed Toddler?
If it happens that your child has pigeon toes, there is no need to panic.
One thing you need to do is advise your child to avoid sitting with their knees bent and feet facing outside. This position is known as sitting W-style. Unfortunately, the position tends to do more damage to the child’s feet.
Instead, encourage your little fella to sit crisscross. Some stretches and other drills recommended by a therapist would help.
Above all, consider investing in a good pair of shoes designed for pigeon-toed toddlers.
How is Intoeing Treated?
Mostly, toddlers with the in-toeing condition will outgrow it without the need for any treatment. This might take a few years, but the bones will eventually align properly on their own. Furthermore, this will happen when the condition is mild.
If the child has serious metatarsus adductus, they will need to wear some casts, which will be placed on the affected foot for a few weeks. However, the casts can only be placed in the affected foot once the child is older than six months. These casts also help to align the foot before the child begins to walk.
Stretches and massage techniques can also help the bones of the baby to grow in the right direction.
Medial femoral torsion and tibial torsion might not need any treatment as they will resolve on their own.
But if the child is over the age of 9, then the condition might need to undergo surgery, especially if it is serious.
5 things to Considered When Buying shoes for pigeon toed toddler
Finding the best shoes for intoeing can be a challenge. However, here are a few factors you need to consider when choosing a pair for your young one.
- Support: The support of the shoe helps to maintain a straight gait for the pigeon-toed wearer. Ensure that the shoe is designed to wrap around the foot completely. Don’t forget to consider the flexibility of the shoes as you consider its support. The arch support must also be considered in this case.
- Fit: The fit of the shoe determines if it will be wearable or not. Nobody wants their child to wear shoes that don’t fit perfectly. That is why you should choose a pair that fit not too tight nor too loose. The shoes should fit just right. Keep in mind that an improper fit shoe will slow the healing progress of the child.
- Midsole: A good correcting shoe for in-toeing must have enough cushioning around the midsole. It should be able to absorb shock while keeping the foot under comfortable enough. In that case, choose a shoe with a well-padded footbed.
- Breathability: It is important to choose a pair of shoes that are made of highly breathable material. With a highly breathable shoe, it keeps the feet dry and eliminates humid and wet conditions. This helps to prevent bacterial infections.
- Durability: Above all, the shoe that you choose should come with a strong construction that assures it of durability. Ideally, choose one made of rubber outsole, which tends to last for long and beat the rugged terrains out there. Rubber outsoles also withstand the growth of the child’s feet.
A shoe with a removable sock liner will give you an easy time when you are cleaning it.
Q1#. Can you fix pigeon-toed?
Suppose the source of the in-toeing is lower legs or hips, then the condition doesn’t need any special treatment. It will correct itself in time. But if the toes don’t realign on their own, then the solution here should be to turn to surgery.
Q2#. Does intoeing needs to be treated?
The only time you will need special treatment for in-toeing is when the toes don’t realign on their own after a long time.
Q3#. Do pigeon toes make you faster?
Traditionally, pigeon-toed athletes have been considered to be faster and more explosive than those with normal feet conditions.
Q4#. Is pigeon-toed the same as clubfoot?
No, club foot is when the foot or feet or a newborn appear to be rotated internally at the ankle, while the pigeon toe condition is when there are a twist in the hip, calves, or feet.
Q5#. What is pigeon-toed walking?
This is when a child walks with their feet turned inwards.
There go our best shoes for pigeon toed toddlers review. We are confident that you know have the needed information to shop for the right shoes for your loved one. Keep in mind that this condition should not cause any panic to you since it can be treated. In some cases, it fixes itself. Still, it is always advised to visit a podiatrist if you don’t know how to go about it.