We're an affiliate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains links to products that I may receive compensation from at no additional cost to you, we really appreciate it!
Veterinary Technicians, also known as Vet Techs, are professionals that specialize in helping animals of all types to live healthily and stay happy. As skillful as these professionals might be, they need to have the right attire to let them work without any discomfort. One way to assure this is to have a good pair of shoes.
These are our choices for the best shoes for vet techs:
- Merrell Men’s Encore Bypass Slip-on Shoes
- Dansko Women’s Pro Shoes
- Bjork Pro Elsa Neon Pink Leather Clogs
- Crocs Women’s On The Clock Work Medical Pro Shoes
- Crocs Women’s Medical Pro Shoes
- Crocs Women’s On the Clock Shoes
We understand how stressful it can be to find comfortable shoes for vet techs. However, we will be exploring the good shoes for vet techs. Furthermore, we will give you some info to help you shop for the perfect shoes that would suit you as a vet tech.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
- 1 In a hurry?
- 2 Why You Need a Good Pair of Shoes for Vet Techs?
- 3 What Kind of Shoes Should a Vet Gopher-uh- Go For?
- 4 Top 5 shoes for vet techs: comparison table
- 5 best shoes for vet techs in 2020
- 6 3 things to consider before buying Shoes for Vet Techs
- 7 Final Verdict
- 8 related question [FAQs]
In a hurry?
Why You Need a Good Pair of Shoes for Vet Techs?
The nature of a vet tech makes it important to have a good pair of shoes. You will be in the lab all day, and it requires long hours of standing up. This could be as a result of performing a surgical procedure or walking here and there around the lab.
As a result, what you need is a good pair of shoes that will perfectly suit the nature of your profession. A good pair of shoes will offer the needed balance and comfort.
What Kind of Shoes Should a Vet Gopher-uh- Go For?
So yes, a vet tech needs a good pair of shoes, but what kind of shoes should they get? According to most vet techs, they prefer wearing clogs. Why is that so? Well, clogs happen to be not only comfortable shoes but they are also easy to clean and manage.
Crocs are also good choices for vet techs. Nevertheless, these crocs must be completely closed around the toe for workplace safety. Also, they should come with enough heel coverage. But you should keep in mind that crocs are not always the best choice of shoes for walking outdoors over long distances.
Top 5 shoes for vet techs: comparison table
|PRODUCT||NAME & Details||FEATURES|
| Merrell Men’s Encore Bypass Slip-On Shoe ||Check The Price|
| Dansko Women’s Professional Shoes||Check The Price|
|Bjork Professional Elsa Neon Pink (Ltd. Edition)||Check The Price|
|Crocs On The Clock Work Medical Professional Shoe||Check The Price|
|Crocs Women’s On The Clock Work Medical Professional Shoe||Check The Price|
best shoes for vet techs in 2020
When choosing the perfect vet shoes, it is important to find the ones that will last for long while offering you enough comfort. That being said, here is a list of the top 6 vet tech shoes you should include in your wish list.
1. Merrell Men's Encore Bypass Slip-On Shoe (Top choice)
This is the current price of these Merrell Men’s Encore Bypass Slip-on Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: They are also available in size 7.5 to size 14. So yes, you’ll be sure of finding a pair that fits you well. The best part is that every pair is designed to fit perfectly.
- Comfort- The comfort of these shoes is assured, thanks to several features. For instance, it comes with a compression-molded EVA midsole that is meant to offer enough cushioning to the feet. This also offers the needed stability for every step you take. Furthermore, there is some air cushioning at the heel for cushioning and offer stability to the shoe. The ortholite sock liner adds some cushioning to the shoe. Plus, there is a well-cushioned collar that assures you of extra comfort when you put them on.
- Durability: In terms of durability, these shoes are made of 100% leather. They truly will serve you for long enough. The synthetic rubber sole helps to make them extra durable too. The upper section is made of leather and features some fabric mesh to offer durability to it.
- Other Features: The slip-on design of the shoe allows you to put in on and off with ease. Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort. The upper section also comes with a mesh lining that is highly breathable to keep out odor and sweat. The patented footbed will hug the arch naturally, which then helps to get rid of sore feet, ankle sprain, and lower back pains.
These shoes are great choices for those vet techs that will be standing for long hours when attending to pets and other animals. They might not be the best pick for long walks, but they offer enough comfort if you will be standing for long hours. The comfort is assured, and you will enjoy the breathability properties of the shoes.
Click here to buy these Merrell Men’s Encore Bypass Slip-on Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
2. Dansko Women's Professional Shoes
This is the current price of these Dansko Women’s Pro Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: These babies come in with sizes that range from 4.5 to size 13. they are worth every penny.
- Comfort: The comfort of these shoes is also assured. They are made of rubber soles that enhance the shock absorption while giving you a soft base. Besides that, the instep collar is well padded for extra comfort. Even when you are walking to your car or around your workspace, comfort is assured. There is a reinforced toe box that is roomy enough to give enough room for your toes. You can actually wiggle your toes without a problem in these shoes.
- Durability: Anyone would want to get shoes that would last for long, especially if they cost over $200. Luckily, these ones are made to serve you for a long time. They are made of tooled leather, and the rubber soles are flexible and durable at the same time.
- Other features: These shoes come with an inner frame that is meant to offer support and stability. The instep is padded for support and comfort, while there is a protective heel counter that is meant to offer lateral stability to the heel. Thanks to the rubber outsole that comes with a rocker bottom, you can be sure of the needed shock absorption for your feet. This anti-fatigue rocker bottom is meant to help with the forward motion as you walk.
- Heels: This shoes come with a wide heel for extra stability and overall comfort when you are walking.
These shoes are good for walking around and standing for long hours as well. One special feature about them is the roomy toe box that allows you to wiggle your toes around for extra comfort. They will offer shock absorption and foot stability, which makes them perfect vet tech shoes.
Click here to buy these Dansko Women’s Pro Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
3. Bjork Professional Elsa Neon Pink Leather Clogs
This is the current price of these Bjork Pro Elsa Neon Pink Leather Clogs available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: These shoes come in the range of size 5.5 to size 12, which are ideal for the average shoe size. Luckily, they are durable and will offer you a comfortable feel on your feet.
- Comfort: One thing you should know about these shoes is that they are limited edition, and there is a reason for them being classified as such. They come in a nice neon pink color that would suit that vet nurse that needs the right shoes for work.
- Insole and outsole: The insoles are made of leather, and they are cushioned too. This means that you will enjoy a comfortable pair of shoes that look good on your feet as well. They come with a rubber outsole that features a rocker bottom. With this feature, the outsole will offer high shock absorption and arch support.
- Durability: It is always good to have a pair of shoes that look good and ones that would serve you for a long time. Thankfully, these babies are made of a patent leather upper, along with a durable rubber outsole. The inner sole is also made of rubber, and they will remain strong for long enough.
- Other features: You don’t have to worry about having a different pair of shoes for a casual occasion when you have these ones. They come with a high-gloss finish that would blend with any outfit for any occasion. Plus, the shoes come with an easy to clean upper that is a good feature. All you will need a piece of cloth or sponge when you need to clean these beauties.
These selections make good vet nurse shoes, thanks to their high-gloss neon pink color and the comfort they offer as well. They also offer enough arch support, and they are meant to stay on your feet all day long. The best part is that they are still comfortable even when you are walking with them.
Click here to buy these Bjork Pro Elsa Neon Pink Leather Clogs available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
4. Crocs Women's On The Clock Shoe ( Budget option)
This is the current price of these Crocs Women’s On The Clock Work Medical Pro Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size: These women’s shoes are designed in size 7 to size 15, and the price tag is very attractive as well. They are one of the most affordable shoes on this list and out there on the market.
- Comfort: Nobody would want to have shoes that aren’t comfortable, mostly if you plan to put them on for a long time. Well, these shoes are meant to keep your feet comfortable for long enough. They are slip-resistant, even though they are crocs. Thanks to the enclosed toe and heel, you won’t have to worry about your feet slipping at work. The shoes come with a tapered fit in the back, which offers a secure and relaxed fit.
- Material: Besides that, the shoes come with a Croslite foam and deeply cushioned footbed. With this, you will be sure of the needed comfort to last you well throughout the day. If you will be working for long shifts, these would be the ideal choice of shoes you’ll want to go for.
- Durability: These shoes are made to last, thanks to the durable PU material. Plus, they are manmade to last for long while resisting tear and wear. The best part is that they are perfectly water-resistant. You won’t have to worry about coffee or liquid spills on them at the workplace.
- Other Features: These shoes are among the cheapest, and they are also meant to last for long. Plus, you will have an easy time working around with them. Cleaning them is easy breezy since you will only need soap and water, along with a sponge or piece of cloth. Furthermore, they are the dry-quick type of shoes.
If you need crocs that are anti-slip, and the right choice for those slippery floors at the hospital, these would be the right choice for you. They are very comfortable, and they fit perfectly on your feet.
Click here to buy these Crocs Women’s On The Clock shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5. Crocs Women's On The Clock Professional Shoe
This is the current price of these Crocs Women’s Medical Pro Shoes available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Size Available: Here is another choice if you need the best shoes for nurses, which are affordable as well. They also come in size 9 to size 14.
- Comfort: There is no disputing that these are among the most comfortable women’s crocs for vet techs out there. They are manmade and come with some synthetic sole to offer the needed shock absorption. Plus, they are slip-resistant and come with tapered fit at the heel for a relaxed and secure fit.
- Toe protection: The shoes come with foam and a well-cushioned footbed that assures you of comfort all day long. This feature makes them a good pick for the long shifts at work. Whether you are using them to walk around or standing while attending to the animals, these shoes will offer you enough comfort.
- Durability: You might be fooled that these shoes may not last for long since they are crocs and made of PU material. On the contrary, you can be sure of using these shoes for long without worrying about them wearing out too quickly. The PU material is strong and flexible enough, which makes them durable and able to serve you for quite some time.
- Other Features: These crocs are designed to be worn both at night and during the day. They come with enclosed toe and heel that offer you a snugly fit. You will also have an easy time working with them since it doesn’t require any elbow grease to clean them. They are easy to clean and also dry quickly.
If you need a pair of shoes to hang around your workplace and still wear them in the house when you get home, these babies would be a good choice for you. They are very affordable, and managing them is equally easy.
Click here to buy these Crocs Women’s Medical Pro available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
3 things to consider before buying Shoes for Vet Techs
Choosing the best veterinarian shoes is the biggest task. We might have given you a list of the best selections out there, but it is important to have an outline of how you intend to choose the right shoes. If you stick to one pair of shoes, you might be disappointed if the store has run out of them.
However, here are some of the factors you need to consider when choosing the right pair of vet shoes.
1. Comfort and Breathability
The shoes that you choose must come with enough breathability since you wearing them for long hours. The breathable features should come in the upper section. This helps to enhance the ventilation as you wear them all day long.
Proper breathability also enhances the comfort of the shoes. You should also find shoes that are well-cushioned in the footbed and collar. The outsole should also be able to offer the needed shock absorption.
This should actually be the first feature to consider. You need to wear shoes that fit you perfectly. The shoes should be in the right size and should not be too tight nor too loose. Rather, the fit must be perfect enough. Ensure that you focus around the toe box when considering the fit of the shoes.
It doesn’t make sense to purchase a pair of shoes that don’t last long enough. Even if they are crocs made of PU material, they must still be durable. Make sure you focus on the durability of the shoes in every aspect possible. They shouldn’t start losing shape after just a few wears.
Furthermore, check that the shoes offer the needed arch support and that they are non-slip. Most vet labs come with slippery tiles, and they need a good pair of shoes to match that. The shoes should be slip-resistant for you to wear them and walk with them freely around your workplace.
There goes it, friends. Now you have a clue of what to buy when you are looking for the best vet tech shoes. Always ensure that you choose shoes that are comfortable, durable, and offer enough support. Don’t forget to go for the right size and fit.
Q1#. Should vet techs wear clogs?
Ans: Clogs have proven to be the best choice for vet techs. This is because they are easy to put on and off, and they also offer the needed balance. Above all, clogs are very comfortable. The only thing about them is that they tend to be very expensive.
Q2#. Are Crocs good for vet techs?
Ans: Crocs are good picks to wear as a vet tech. They are comfortable and easy to clean. However, they are not as durable as the clogs, and they don’t offer much support either.
Q3#. What are the best shoes for standing all day?
Ans: Any type of shoe that comes with a supportive sole and they are comfortable will be good to wear if you will be standing all day. Also, ensure that the shoes are breathable too. For the insole, go for those that are supportive enough.