We're an affiliate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains links to products that I may receive compensation from at no additional cost to you, we really appreciate it!
It is very important to buy the right boots if you are looking for comfort. Most importantly, it is unhealthy to wear ill-fitting boots. You also have to understand it does not matter if your small or big calves boots are meant to have a tough fit. If you feel that your calves are too big or small you may need to add some minor alterations to your boots.
If you have a penchant for leather boots, but sometimes you may go for a style that jams your feet but you can work around that. So, the good news is that you do not have to forsake your favorite style.
The best thing to do is to wear nice thick socks and slip on boots. You can also consider hiring the services of a professional shoemaker who may alter the boots to give you a better fit. If you want to know how to tighten boots around calf, you should get professional help.
How Can I Stretch The Calf Of My Leather Boots?
Nice boots are capable of complementing any outfit. If you have calves that are a bit curvy you can have a hard time fitting into the boots. However, the good news is you can tweak the boots to make sure they fit you without any problems. Here are some vital tips on how to fit calves too big for boots.
01. Shoe Stretcher method
Here is how you can use a shoe stretcher to stretch the calf of the leather boots.
- Begin by examining the zipper properly to see if it can be stretched. If the zipper has a weak construction then there is a chance that you might end up damaging the show by applying a lot of pressure with a shoe stretcher.
- The next step is to put the calf stretcher inside the boot. You should double-check that the stretcher is made to deal with the calf section of the boot. Typically such a stretcher is thin and tall.
- Now you will need to use a stretching spray and apply it to the boots. This helps to soften up the fabric so you can get better results.
- Use the handle of the stretcher to start widening. There are various types of boot stretchers some will have a wheel and some will have a lever. Keep making them adjustable until you achieve the desired results.
- You should also consider keeping the stretcher in the boot overnight. If you want good results, try to leave inside for a long time. If you have used a stretching spray then you should keep the stretcher in till the spray is completely dry.
02. Alternative Methods
Here are some alternative methods to help you achieve good results.
- Begin by zipping the boots up as much as you can. Doing this will help you stretch the boot’s fabric and the boot will also expand. Take fifteen minutes and then try to pull the zipper up higher. This should only be done if you need extra room for a comfortable fit.
- You also have the option of purchasing a zipper extender to make the zipper of your wider boots a little wider. You will find specific products in the store that are created to be attached to the zipper of the boots. These are very efficient in widening the boots if your calves too big for boots.
- You can also keep the boots submerged in water and for a more comfortable fit. The leather generally can change its shape when it is wet. If you try fitting your boots while they are damp or wet the process will be a lot easier. To avoid getting watermarks your boots have to be completely submerged in water.
- You can consider using a blow dryer as the heat from it helps the leather to get a good stretch. Begin by wearing thick socks as it will add protection to the feet. Blast the blow dryer not more than 30 seconds. The heat from the dryer will help the fabric relax and stretch. You must never do this with patent leather as it is very delicate. Use a conditioning spray for the leather. Keep wearing the shoes till they cool down this will prevent them from going back to their original shoe size.
- You can always take the help of a cobbler to insert a panel inside the boots. You will have to seek the help of a competent professional.
How to Alter Boots for Wide Calves?
Before you alter your boots you need to know how much to alter. So, you must measure your calf. Get hold of tape and measure the portion of your calf that is the widest. Perform this while standing and sitting and you will see that the readings are quite different and this can leave you quite confused. Here are some tips that you can use to alter your boots if you have a wide calf.
- If you are unable to get your boots to stretch then you can take them down to a shoemaker. This is one of the excellent options as the professional will make enough room for your calves. Professional shoemakers provide such services for calves too big for boots.
- You can consider hiring the services of reliable cobblers who will use leather inserts, stretch fabric, and elastic gussets.
- You should also tell the shoemaker the desired fit you are looking for and he will make suitable alterations to them.
How Should Tall Boots Fit Around Narrow Calves?
It is very important to have boots that fit well and are some tips that we have compiled for you. If you want to know how to make boots tighter around calf, you will have to do separate research. Here is some information that will help you understand how a boot should fit.
- New boots should fit on your foot and you should not experience any sort of discomfort. This will make the boots adjustable to the size of your foot. The boots should provide enough space for movement.
- A good pair of boots will have a very comfortable fit around the calf region and not cut off any circulation.
- Typically long boots will come up to the bend located at the back of the knee. They also have a drop of 1cm for giving the users a nice fit.
Now that you have all the information on how to make boots fit calves, you should not have any trouble tweaking your perfect fitting boots. You can pretty much pick any boot style and then customize the boots as per your needs. Make sure that you follow the tips mentioned above and take things slowly.
Follow the tips systematically and if you do face problems you must not hesitate to ask a professional for help. Professionals will do a faster and smoother job and the results are usually stunning. Well, hope this information helps you out in the long run in getting comfy with your perfect pair.